Council Meeting 12th May 2020
Due to the corona virus pandemic this meeting will be held by audio/video link as permitted under The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020. Anyone wishing to join the meeting must contact the Clerk in advance to obtain the required information.
NALC (National Association of Local Councils) has provided a paper on practical considerations regarding the holding of remote (virtual) meetings.
NALC (National Association of Local Councils) has also provided a paper on their interpretation of the new legislation for councils as a result of the pandemic.
The following documents are relevant to the meeting.
More detailed information on particular topics is provided below.
- Item 4 - In normal circumstances councils are required by law to elect a chairman at their May meeting. Under the COVID-19 "rules of engagement" we can either elect a chairman or defer electing a new chairman until May 2021.
- Item 7 - Accounts payable are listed on page 2 of the agenda. Cheques 1132 has already been signed between meetings. The meeting needs to consider cheques 1133 and 1134. The detailed information for these is available by clicking the following links.
- Items 8-12 - These items relate to the closure of 2019-2020. This process is summarised in a document sent to members on 27th April.
- Item 13 - This is the list of planning applications. The only live application is the one at the top of the list. We also need to prepare to receive the first Elms Park application from Persimmon.
- Item 14 - An opportunity to discuss where we are in our response to the pandemic and any further actions we need to put in place.