Council Meeting 14th April 2020
Due to the corona virus pandemic this meeting will be held by audio/video link as permitted under The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020. Anyone wishing to join the meeting must contact the Clerk in advance to obtain the required information.
NALC (National Association of Local Councils) has provided a paper on practical considerations regarding the holding of remote (virtual) meetings.
NALC (National Association of Local Councils) has also provided a paper on their interpretation of the new legislation for councils as a result of the pandemic.
The following documents are relevant to the meeting.
- The agenda
- The minutes of the previous meeting (February since the March meeting was cancelled due to the lack of a quorum)
- List of planning applications
More detailed information on particular topics is provided below.
- Item 3 - Members of the public must (by law) be permitted to join the meeting if they so wish. They were asked to register prior to the meeting.
- Item 5 - Very little will have moved on in terms of matters arising.
- Item 7 - Accounts payable are listed on page 2 of the agenda. Cheques 1125 through 1128 have already been signed. The meeting needs to consider cheques 1129 through 1131. The detailed information for these is available by clicking the following links.
- Item 8 - A link to the planning applications is above
- Items 9, 10 and 11 - I suggest we defer these items
- Item 12 - An opportunity to discuss where we are in our response to the pandemic and any further actions we need to put in place
- Item 13 - Present events will need to inform our emergency planning; may be too early to discuss
- Item 14 - Hopefully James can tell us where we are with our Facebook page
- Item 15 - I suggest we defer this item
- Item 16 - Is there anything we need to discuss in terms of the Village Hall (note - I closed and locked the car park)?
- Items 17 and 18 - I suggest we defer these items
- Item 19 - Just to say that the internal audit has been completed, report awaited
- Item 20 - To note that the legal requirement to hold an Annual Parish Meeting in the period 1st March to 1st June has been waived
- Item 21 - To consider resolving to exempt ourselves from the need for external audit (as we have in recent years)
- Item 22 - To consider a request from the church for a letter of support in respect of their Heritage Lottery Bid